Crowns-in-a-day in Portland, Maine
Cerec is the most precise and powerful dental CAD CAM (Computer Aided Design/Computer Aided Milling) System in the world. It was developed many years ago by the German Dental Equipment company named Sirona, an offspring of the well-known medical company Siemens Corp.
There are three components of the Cerec System:
- A digital scanning wand used intraorally to accurately capture 3D images of the teeth and gums.
- A specialized computer and software used to edit the captured 3D file and design various structures such as crowns, veneers, and bridges. It can also be used to design surgical guides for placing implants (see the implant section for more).
- A 3D milling machine used to fabricate structures such as crowns, veneers, bridges and surgical guides.
Approximately one in ten dental offices offer CAD CAM technology.
This Cerec system allows us to produce dental restorations that fit very accurately, that are extremely strong, and that match the color of surrounding teeth.
The alternative to Cerec crowns and veneers is to use a dental laboratory that manufactures the dental restoration using impressions sent from the dental office. That technique has inherent errors at each step that are all avoided by using CAD CAM technology.
What are the advantages of Cerec:
- The procedure is completed in 1-1.5 hours in a single appointment all within the dental office.
- No impressions need to be taken.
- No temporary restoration is needed which avoids the risk of bacterial contamination or return visits to recement it if it comes off.
- The fit of a Cerec restoration onto the tooth is extremely accurate.
- The shade match is very precise and can be customized right in the office.
- Cost is more controlled and helps make crowns and veneers more affordable.
* Anyone interested in a single Cerec crown is welcome at our office for a complimentary consultation *
To make an appointment, you may call us at (207) 878-3100, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the online appointment request form below.
9 Sanborn St, Portland, ME 04103
There is a parking lot for patients, located on Sanborn Street; diagonally across from our building. The lot is designated with a sign which reads “Parking for 9 – 11 Sanborn Street”. On street parking is also permitted, if available.